On-Demand Webinar: Mitigating Insider Threats: What Every Security Manager Should Know
Mitigating Insider Threats:
What Every Security Manager Should Know
Discover how to identify potential insider threats and how to help mitigate the impact. You’ll learn about:
- Motivating factors behind corporate espionage and sabotage
- Best practices in deterrence and defense
- How physical security can be an important first line of defense
Insider Threat Financial Impacts:*
- Average cost per incident is $412,000
- Average loss per industry is $15 million over 10 years
- In several instances, damages reached over $1 billion
About the Speakers:
Dr. Stephen R. Band served as chief of the FBI's famous Behavioral Science Unit and was instrumental in creating and leading the FBI's Undercover [UC] Safeguard Unit. He has provided operational behavioral science consultation, training and research products relevant to: risk & threat assessment/management, critical incident response, and investigative strategies; to include countering cyber insider threats.
Randall Trzeciak is currently a Senior Member of the technical staff for the Software Engineering Institute’s (SEI) CERT Program at Carnegie Mellon University. Mr. Trzeciak is a member of a team in CERT focusing on insider threat research. The studies analyze the physical and online behavior of malicious insiders prior to and during network compromises. Mr. Trzeciak also is an adjunct professor in Carnegie Mellon’s H. John Heinz School of Public Policy and Management.